Monday, July 23, 2012

Introducing my blog . . . .

In 1996, we formed a committee and determined what we would do for an addition or replacement of deteriorating stones in a very old family cememtery. The stone in the photo below is the result. We had spent many years holding auctions, selling hats, and accepting donations at our annual family reunions.

In February 1996 our grandson, Daniel, was born. He is the great-great-great-great-great-great grandson of Daniel Feagan born in Virginia in 1743. Nine generations and 253 years of history separated the two Daniels.

I am only married to the family, but because I am interested in genealogy and putting the pieces of the history puzzle together, I also wrote a family history booklet and sold to help pay for the stone.

In the following months, I hope to share some of the information, photos and documents I had collected at that time and have added to in the sixteen years since.