Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Apologies Rendered!

I really hate it when someone starts something and doesn't continue. Like this and my other blogs. I apologize for getting started and not continuing, but I thought I needed to make some plans, find a direction that I wanted to take. You know, be organized! But, no matter what I have done - more research, more data entry in my Roots Magic database program, attending conferences, watching webinaires - I am not any more "prepared" for this. SO I AM JUST GOING TO DO IT!?!

In about three months we will again be joining cousins in Strasburg for our annual Figgins Reunion. Since many of us travel to the area on Saturday and stay over night for the big day on Sunday, we have an informal gathering Saturday night to get started on our catching up on what has been happening in our lives. On Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning our paths cross at the various cemeteries we visit to see the old graves and some more recent ones. We drive around the area and point out where the old generation lived and farmed in Big Spring Township to keep our own memories alive or to share with our children and grandchildren.

As we get older and so do our children, it's harder to get them to attend. They're not only busy with their own families but do not have the connection that we still have to this older generation. So knowing this, maybe they'll read this blog and learn about all those who have gone on before.


Here we have a family photo of Jacob and Laura and their fourteen children. All of them were in attendance at the anniversary party for the parents, except Eldon. If you look close, he is the one that was superimposed in the photo in front of the window. Our near future will be taking a closer look at these children!